Hexo is a static blog and website generator created with nodejs (like Octopress without Ruby).
Using Hexo you can create your blog very quickly by writing your content in markdown, a simple text format with no-nonsense formatting. I write my markdown in Emacs using Emacs Live as a base configuration, this gives a very simple and colourful way to write markdown.
All content is presented using the a theme (of which there are many available) giving a responsive website that looks great on the desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
Here is the approach I took to move my blog from blogger as well as adding other markdown tutorials I had created, all into one single Hexo website.
- Installing Hexo
- Creating a Hexo website
- Managing your Hexo website with Git and Github - optional
- Configure your Hexo website
- Create content for your Hexo website
- Run your Hexo website locally
- Generate & Deploy your Hexo website - (Github pages)
- Adding an RSS Feed to your Hexo website
- Adding Google Analytics to your Hexo website
Add the google analytics to the Hexo configuration file
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 ShareAlike License, including custom images & stylesheets. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at @jr0cket